Operations Assistant – NY
Brooklyn, New York, United States · Operations
Tala is experiencing fantastic growth in the US market, and we are just getting started.
We are looking for a passionate individual who is committed to protecting the environment by increasing the adoption of sustainable technologies.
The Operations Assistant plays a key role for the business ensuring that all administrative and logistical functions run smoothly. The ideal candidate will run day-to-day at the studio as well as liaise with our 3PL, agents, distributors and retail partners to ensure beautiful products are delivered accurately and on time. Please apply if you are highly proactive, are a quick learner and share our ethos for the environment. We are based in a small studio in the heart of Dumbo, NY.
Including, but not limited to:
- Provide support to the sales team ensuring service objectives are met
- 3PL point of contact for inventory management and stock reconciliation activities
- Managing the sales order cycle to eliminate operational inefficiencies that impact On Time Delivery
- Order processing & stock inventory management
- Contribute to the creation and continuous improvement of operational processes,
including Return Authorisations and QC Reporting
- Ensure data integrity of in-house systems
- Act as the first point of contact; managing inbound enquiries, welcoming visitors
- Responsible for procurement and maintenance of all studio related items
- Manage working relationship with vendors & external partners
- Customer relationship management
- Training new starters when necessary
- 2 years+ experience in a similar position, preferably within Design/FMCG
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to build relationships at all levels, and ask questions to ensure commercial requirements and rationale are understood.
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritise and organise workload in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to learn and take on new tasks quickly and use own initiative to explore possibilities before raising queries.
- Can demonstrate experience of driving and/or contributing to increases in efficiency.
- Strong IT skills including GSuite, Office 365 and ERP systems (Netsuite knowledge advantageous)
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and driven individual with a focus on providing the best possible service.
- Able to demonstrate evidence of using analytical skills to support decision making.
- Team player with an ability to supervise several projects in a fast paced environment
- Flexible approach to work with a strong desire to learn and undertake additional responsibilities.
Competitive salary + benefits
If you have a good understanding of the lighting industry, a passion for design & sustainability and feel you can be a brand ambassador for Tala, we’d like to hear from you.
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV/resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.